Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Researchers
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Foster Care Children
- Remove Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender
- Remove Planning
- Remove Administration & Policy
Main page content
Published: September 2019
This brochure provides an overview of the Sequential Intercept Model (SIM). The SIM is a strategic planning tool that helps communities better understand the gaps and resources they have in helping those with mental illness or substance use disorders who are in the criminal justice system.
Published: October 2009
This report describes efforts to improve coordination and financing of mental health services through better cooperation across substance use disorder agencies, as well as criminal justice and other state agencies. It discusses benefits, challenges, facilitating factors, and implementation steps.