Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Children of Parents with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove Inmates
- Remove People on Probation or Parole
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove People with Physical Disabilities
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Planning
- Remove Mental Health
Main page content
Published: September 2018
This guide helps local systems use data to implement Crisis Intervention Team programs that can improve the safety and effectiveness of law enforcement response to people experiencing behavioral health crises. It provides information about building necessary partnerships, documenting program activities, identifying key metrics, establishing data collection processes, analyzing and reporting data, using data to improve programs, and expanding capacity to collect and use data. The guide is a companion to Practice Guidelines: Core Elements in Responding to Mental Health Crises.
Published: September 2013
This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.