Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Substance Abuse Screening
Main page content
Published: November 2013
This manual serves as a quick reference guide for clinicians treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. It covers patient assessment and treatment, and provides an algorithm for managing chronic pain, as well as a summary of non-opioid analgesics.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.