Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Racial & Ethnic Groups
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Inmates
- Remove Older Adults as Population Group
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove People with Physical Disabilities
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Access to Care
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Treatment Planning
- Remove Intervention
Main page content
Treatment for Youth and Young Adults with Mood Disorders and other Serious Emotional Disturbances and Co-occurring Substance Use
Published: February 2021
This guide reviews interventions on treating substance misuse and substance use disorders (SUD) in youth with serious emotional disturbances (SED), distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of the ways that these recommendations can be implemented.
Published: October 2015
This manual provides guidance for substance use disorder treatment clinicians and case workers on how to assist offenders in the transition from the criminal justice system to life after release. It discusses assessment, transition plans, important services, special populations, and confidentiality.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.