Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove People in the Criminal Justice System
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove Treatment Improvement
- Remove Administration & Policy
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Patient Rights
- Remove Program Evaluation
- Remove Protection & Advocacy
Main page content
Published: September 2018
This guide helps local systems use data to implement Crisis Intervention Team programs that can improve the safety and effectiveness of law enforcement response to people experiencing behavioral health crises. It provides information about building necessary partnerships, documenting program activities, identifying key metrics, establishing data collection processes, analyzing and reporting data, using data to improve programs, and expanding capacity to collect and use data. The guide is a companion to Practice Guidelines: Core Elements in Responding to Mental Health Crises.
Published: November 2015
This manual offers skills and resources to service providers working with people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. It outlines types of homelessness and stages of recovery, including substance use screening and supportive treatment. Access the literature review.
Published: September 2013
This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.