Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Family & Advocates
- Remove Parents & Caregivers
- Remove Media
- Remove Child Care Providers
- Remove Military Families as Audience
- Remove Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Remove Adolescents as Population Group
- Remove Talk. They Hear You.
- Remove Other Tips for Teens in Spanish
- Remove Opioids or Opiates
Main page content
Tips for Teens: The Truth About Opioids (Spanish version) - Consejos para adolescentes: la realidad sobre los opioides
Published: May 2020
This fact sheet for teens provides facts about opioids. It describes short- and long-term effects, lists signs of use, and helps dispel common myths. It also can be used by prevention professionals, educators, health care providers, and others who come in contact with teens on a regular basis.
Talk. They Hear You: Talking With Your Child About Opioids: Keeping Your Kids Safe - Parent Brochure
Published: June 2019
This brochure is related to the public service announcement from SAMHSA's “Talk. They Hear You.” campaign encouraging parents to talk with their kids about the risks of misusing prescription pain medications and to have conversations with their kids to help them avoid taking medication that is not theirs.