Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Family & Advocates
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove Health Insurance
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove Treatment
- Remove Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Remove Education
- Remove Motivational Interventions
- Remove Supported Employment
Main page content
Published: April 2022This document provides an overview of essential information necessary for understanding mental health and substance use disorder parity and how to implement and comply with federal parity laws. This guide applies to parity laws in employer-sponsored health plans and group and individual insurance.
Published: April 2022There are protections in federal law, collectively known as “parity,” which are designed to ensure that certain types of health plans cover mental and substance use disorders no less generously than they cover other health issues. This resource can guide you to helpful materials and places.
Published: February 2010This kit provides practice principles for supported employment, an approach to vocational rehabilitation for people living with serious mental illness. The kit promotes the belief that everyone living with serious mental illness is capable of working competitively in the community.