Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Family & Advocates
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove Nonmedical Use
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Military & Veterans as Population Group
- Remove Opioids or Opiates
- Remove Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Naloxone
Main page content
Published: August 2021
The Executive Summary of this Treatment Improvement Protocol provides an overview on the use of the three Food and Drug Administration-approved medications used to treat opioid use disorder—methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine—and the other strategies and services needed to support recovery.
Published: July 2021
This Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) reviews the use of the three Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved medications used to treat OUD—methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine—and the other strategies and services needed to support recovery for people with OUD. This is a revision.
Published: December 2016
This handbook provides guidance on using the web-based, multimedia tool Decisions in Recovery: Medications for Opioid Addiction. This handbook and the web-based tool offers information about medication-assisted treatment. Both resources help people living with opioid use disorder compare treatment options and discuss their preferences with a provider.