Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Family & Advocates
- Remove English
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove At-Risk
- Remove Military & Veterans as Population Group
- Remove Health Insurance
- Remove Service Coordination
- Remove Treatment Facility Characteristics
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
Main page content
Published: April 2022
This document provides an overview of essential information necessary for understanding mental health and substance use disorder parity and how to implement and comply with federal parity laws. This guide applies to parity laws in employer-sponsored health plans and group and individual insurance.
Published: April 2018
This fact sheet serves as a guide for individuals seeking behavioral health treatment. It provides three necessary steps to complete prior to utilizing a treatment center and the five signs of a quality treatment center, which include a review of the accreditation, medication, evidence-based practices, position on the role of families, and support networks.
Published: November 2014
This report presents information about Medicaid coverage of medication-assisted treatment for opioid and alcohol dependence. It covers treatment effectiveness and cost effectiveness. The report also offers examples of innovative approaches in Vermont, Massachusetts, and Maryland.