Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Women as Audience
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Audience
- Remove Information Professionals
- Remove English
- Remove Pregnant Women
- Remove Females
- Remove Mature Adults as Population Group
- Remove New Substance Users
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove Opioids or Opiates
- Remove Marijuana
- Remove Cocaine
- Remove Dextromethorphan
- Remove Heroin
- Remove Illicit Stimulants
Main page content
Published: August 2018This series of four fact sheets emphasizes the importance of continuing a mother's treatment for opioid use disorder (OUD) throughout pregnancy. The series includes information on OUD and pregnancy, OUD treatment, neonatal abstinence syndrome, and considerations to address before hospital discharge.
Published: August 2018This fact sheet (1 of 4) gives pregnant women with opioid use disorder (OUD) helpful steps to ensure they have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. This resource includes things to know about OUD and pregnancy, and do's and don'ts to keep mother and baby healthy during pregnancy.
Published: August 2018This fact sheet (3 of 4) talks about what pregnant women with opioid use disorder should know about and expect after the birth of their baby. This resource includes information about neonatal abstinence syndrome, baby’s needs after birth, and do’s and don’ts for understanding and responding to baby’s needs.