Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Legal Community
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove People in the Criminal Justice System
- Remove Planning
- Remove Service Coordination
- Remove Access to Care
- Remove External Communication & Cooperation
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Assertive Community Treatment
- Remove Referral to Treatment
- Remove Self-Help
Main page content
Published: September 2019
This brochure provides an overview of the Sequential Intercept Model (SIM). The SIM is a strategic planning tool that helps communities better understand the gaps and resources they have in helping those with mental illness or substance use disorders who are in the criminal justice system.
Published: June 2019
This report provides evidence-based practices for screening and assessment of adults in the justice system with mental illness, substance use disorders, or both. It discusses the importance of instrument selection for screening and assessment and provides detailed descriptions of recommended instruments.
Published: October 2008
This toolkit offers tools to implement the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT). ACT offers customized, community-based services for people living with mental illness. The toolkit includes a brochure (English, Spanish), a PowerPoint presentation, and an introductory video.