Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove Parents & Caregivers
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Older Adults as Population Group
- Remove Opioids or Opiates
- Remove Naloxone
- Remove Patient Assessment
Main page content
Published: August 2021The Executive Summary of this Treatment Improvement Protocol provides an overview on the use of the three Food and Drug Administration-approved medications used to treat opioid use disorder—methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine—and the other strategies and services needed to support recovery.
Published: July 2021This Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) reviews the use of the three Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved medications used to treat OUD—methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine—and the other strategies and services needed to support recovery for people with OUD. This is a revision.
Published: November 2013This manual serves as a quick reference guide for clinicians treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. It covers patient assessment and treatment, and provides an algorithm for managing chronic pain, as well as a summary of non-opioid analgesics.