Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Audience
- Remove English
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Mature Adults as Population Group
- Remove Cocaine
- Remove Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Motivational Interventions
Main page content
Published: October 2021This updated TIP reviews what is known about treating the medical, psychiatric, and SUD-related problems associated with the use of cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as the misuse of prescription stimulants. The TIP offers recommendations on treatment approaches and maximizing treatment engagement and retention, and strategies for initiating and maintaining abstinence.
Published: June 2017This report presents national data about the prevalence of behavioral health conditions. This data includes the rate of serious mental illness, suicidal thoughts, substance use, and underage drinking. The report also highlights the percentages of those who seek treatment for these conditions. The state-level Barometers contain valuable insight into the behavioral health needs and the unique challenges faced by communities across the country. This analysis can help public health authorities and others determine the best ways of meeting behavioral health care needs and disparities among various communities.