Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Military & Veterans as Population Group
- Remove People in the Criminal Justice System
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove Counseling
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
- Remove Education
- Remove Integrated Care
- Remove Family Treatment Approach
Main page content
Published: September 2013
This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.
Published: October 2010
This video offers guidance to substance use disorder treatment counselors working with people experiencing suicidal behaviors. It covers risk factors, warning signs, and follow-up care. Case scenarios demonstrate counseling techniques and a four-step process for addressing suicide. This resource was developed with Department of Veterans Affairs with support from SAMHSA.
Published: January 2004
This manual guides disaster response workers in assisting survivors of mass violence and terrorism and their families. It discusses basic counseling skills, when to refer to mental health services, populations with special needs, and stress prevention and management for workers.