Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Spanish Speakers
- Remove Adolescents as Population Group
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Children as Population Group
- Remove Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender
- Remove Disaster Preparedness & Recovery
- Remove Prejudice & Discrimination
- Remove Service Coordination
- Remove Training & Continuing Education
- Remove Prevention
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
- Remove Education
- Remove Stress Prevention & Management
Main page content
Guidance to States and School Systems on Addressing Mental Health and Substance Use Issues in Schools
Published: July 2019This Joint SAMHSA-CMS informational Bulletin provides guidance to states and school systems about addressing mental health and substance use issues in schools. It provides examples of approaches for services in schools and describes some Medicaid authorities that states may use to cover services.
Published: October 2013Encamina a los participantes y a los facilitadores a lo largo de un día de diálogo comunitario acerca de la salud mental como camino para promover la recuperación y fomentar las comunidades saludables. Incluye preguntas de discusión, cómo se perciben a las enfermedades mentales, consejos para los facilitadores e identificación de medidas de seguimiento. Nota: Habrá copias impresas de este documento disponibles en el futuro cercano.
Published: June 2012This toolkit assists high schools and school districts in designing and implementing strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health. The toolkit includes tools to implement a multifaceted suicide prevention program that responds to the needs and cultures of students. Access the high school kit promotional flyer.
Published: January 2004This manual guides disaster response workers in assisting survivors of mass violence and terrorism and their families. It discusses basic counseling skills, when to refer to mental health services, populations with special needs, and stress prevention and management for workers.