Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove English
- Remove People in the Criminal Justice System
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove People on Probation or Parole
- Remove Continuous Quality Improvement
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove External Communication & Cooperation
- Remove Patient Rights
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove Criminal Justice
Main page content
Published: September 2018
This guide helps local systems use data to implement Crisis Intervention Team programs that can improve the safety and effectiveness of law enforcement response to people experiencing behavioral health crises. It provides information about building necessary partnerships, documenting program activities, identifying key metrics, establishing data collection processes, analyzing and reporting data, using data to improve programs, and expanding capacity to collect and use data. The guide is a companion to Practice Guidelines: Core Elements in Responding to Mental Health Crises.
Published: September 2013
This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.
Published: January 2004
This manual guides disaster response workers in assisting survivors of mass violence and terrorism and their families. It discusses basic counseling skills, when to refer to mental health services, populations with special needs, and stress prevention and management for workers.