Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove TIP Series - Quick Guides
- Remove Technical Assistance Publications (TAPs)
- Remove Substance Abuse Screening
- Remove Primary Care
- Remove Counseling
- Remove Biomedical Treatment
- Remove Diversion
- Remove Education
- Remove Motivational Interventions
- Remove Reentry Support
Main page content
Published: October 2015This manual provides guidance for substance use disorder treatment clinicians and case workers on how to assist offenders in the transition from the criminal justice system to life after release. It discusses assessment, transition plans, important services, special populations, and confidentiality.
Published: October 2015This resource summarizes guidelines for screening, assessing, and providing comprehensive treatment for issues related to child abuse and neglect among people in substance use disorder treatment. It provides strategies for breaking the intergenerational cycle and discusses therapeutic issues for counselors.
Published: December 2012This manual guides clinicians through stages of primary care for alcohol and substance misuse in adult patients. It discusses warning signs of misuse, screening and follow-up, brief intervention, assessment, treatment models, and legal issues. It includes four screening tools.