Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove English
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender
- Remove MATx
- Remove Prejudice & Discrimination
- Remove Mental Health
Main page content
Published: September 2014
This guide highlights the use of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorder in drug courts. It reviews effective medications, including methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone. The guide also provides strategies to increase the use of MAT in drug court programs.
A Provider's Introduction to Substance Abuse Treatment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Individuals
Published: August 2012
This manual informs clinicians and administrators about substance use disorder treatment approaches that are sensitive to patients among the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) population. It covers cultural, clinical, health, administrative, and legal issues as well as alliance building.
Published: January 2011
This guide equips clinicians with information for treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. The guide discusses chronic pain management, including treatment with opioids. It also includes information about substance use assessments and referrals. Access the literature review.