Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Depression
- Remove Anxiety Disorders & Phobias
- Remove English
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Treatment Improvement
- Remove Administration & Policy
- Remove Integrated Care
- Remove Crisis Intervention
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Treatment Planning
Main page content
Published: October 2016
This report for clinicians explains approaches to providing integrated care to older adults living with substance use disorder and mental illness. It highlights the importance of assessing patients for cognitive deficits and adapting behavioral interventions to help improve treatment outcomes.
Published: February 2015
For individuals at risk of suicide, primary and behavioral health care settings provide unique opportunities to connect with the health care system and access effective treatment. Suicide Safe is a free mobile app that helps providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients. The Suicide Safe app is based on SAMHSA's Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) card.
Published: January 2013
This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.