Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove English
- Remove Inmates
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove Adolescents as Population Group
- Remove Children as Population Group
- Remove Children of Parents with Mental Illness
- Remove Workers & Workplace
- Remove Drug Testing
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Reentry Support
- Remove Drug Courts
- Remove Family Treatment Approach
- Remove Referral to Treatment
- Remove Treatment Planning
Main page content
Published: June 2019This report provides evidence-based practices for screening and assessment of adults in the justice system with mental illness, substance use disorders, or both. It discusses the importance of instrument selection for screening and assessment and provides detailed descriptions of recommended instruments.
Guidelines for Successful Transition of People with Mental or Substance Use Disorders from Jail and Prison: Implementation Guide
Published: January 2016Provides behavioral health, correctional, and community stakeholders with examples of the implementation of successful strategies for transitioning people with mental or substance use disorders from institutional correctional settings into the community. Highlights prevalence of mental and substance use disorders in correctional settings.
Published: October 2015This manual provides guidance for substance use disorder treatment clinicians and case workers on how to assist offenders in the transition from the criminal justice system to life after release. It discusses assessment, transition plans, important services, special populations, and confidentiality.