Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Professional Care Providers
- Remove People in the Criminal Justice System
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Treatment Models
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove TIP Series - Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPS)
- Remove Criminal Justice
- Remove Counseling
- Remove Patient Assessment
Main page content
Published: October 2015This manual provides guidance for substance use disorder treatment clinicians and case workers on how to assist offenders in the transition from the criminal justice system to life after release. It discusses assessment, transition plans, important services, special populations, and confidentiality.
Published: September 2013This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.