Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Series Report
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove English
- Remove Adolescents as Population Group
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Children of Parents with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove People with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
Main page content
Guidance to States and School Systems on Addressing Mental Health and Substance Use Issues in Schools
Published: July 2019
This Joint SAMHSA-CMS informational Bulletin provides guidance to states and school systems about addressing mental health and substance use issues in schools. It provides examples of approaches for services in schools and describes some Medicaid authorities that states may use to cover services.
Published: November 2015
This manual assists clinicians with implementing technology-assisted care. It highlights the importance of using technology-based assessments and interventions in behavioral health treatment services. The manual also discusses how technology reduces barriers to accessing care.
Published: September 2012
This report examines trends in illicit substance use from 2010 to 2011 and from 2002 to 2011 among Americans 12 and older, comparing differences by age group and gender. It also discusses disparities in the need for specialized treatment versus those who actually receive it.