Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Children of Parents with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove Children of Parents with Mental Illness
- Remove Foster Care Children
- Remove Inmates
- Remove People on Probation or Parole
- Remove People with Physical Disabilities
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove Planning
- Remove Consumer Affairs
- Remove Mental Health
Main page content
Published: September 2018This guide helps local systems use data to implement Crisis Intervention Team programs that can improve the safety and effectiveness of law enforcement response to people experiencing behavioral health crises. It provides information about building necessary partnerships, documenting program activities, identifying key metrics, establishing data collection processes, analyzing and reporting data, using data to improve programs, and expanding capacity to collect and use data. The guide is a companion to Practice Guidelines: Core Elements in Responding to Mental Health Crises.
Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Substance Abuse Treatment: Quick Guide for Clinicians Based on TIP 50
Published: November 2013This quick guide helps clinicians and other service providers address suicide and suicide prevention in patients living with substance use disorders. It covers risk factors and warning signs for suicide, core competencies, and information for administrators and clinical supervisors.
Published: September 2013This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.