Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Military & Veterans as Population Group
- Remove People with Physical Disabilities
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove Children of Parents with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Treatment
Main page content
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.
Published: August 2011
This resource guide presents healthcare professionals working with people living with physical and sensory disabilities with information about substance use disorders, including risk factors and warning signs. It also discusses screening, types of substance use services, and strategies for helping clients.
Published: October 2010
This video offers guidance to substance use disorder treatment counselors working with people experiencing suicidal behaviors. It covers risk factors, warning signs, and follow-up care. Case scenarios demonstrate counseling techniques and a four-step process for addressing suicide. This resource was developed with Department of Veterans Affairs with support from SAMHSA.