Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove English
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Children of Parents with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove Treatment
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Mental Health Screening
Main page content
Treatment for Youth and Young Adults with Mood Disorders and other Serious Emotional Disturbances and Co-occurring Substance Use
Published: February 2021
This guide reviews interventions on treating substance misuse and substance use disorders (SUD) in youth with serious emotional disturbances (SED), distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of the ways that these recommendations can be implemented.
Published: November 2013
This manual serves as a quick reference guide for clinicians treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. It covers patient assessment and treatment, and provides an algorithm for managing chronic pain, as well as a summary of non-opioid analgesics.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.