Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Guides and Manuals
- Remove English
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Racial & Ethnic Groups
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Older Adults as Population Group
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Treatment Planning
- Remove Early Intervention
Main page content
Treatment for Youth and Young Adults with Mood Disorders and other Serious Emotional Disturbances and Co-occurring Substance Use
Published: February 2021This guide reviews interventions on treating substance misuse and substance use disorders (SUD) in youth with serious emotional disturbances (SED), distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of the ways that these recommendations can be implemented.
Published: December 2019This guide supports health care providers, systems, and communities seeking to prevent marijuana use by pregnant women. It describes relevant research findings, examines emerging and best practices, identifies knowledge gaps and implementation challenges, and offers useful resources.
Published: November 2013This manual serves as a quick reference guide for clinicians treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. It covers patient assessment and treatment, and provides an algorithm for managing chronic pain, as well as a summary of non-opioid analgesics.