Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People in the Criminal Justice System
- Remove Mature Adults as Population Group
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Remove Brief Treatment
- Remove Cognitive Therapy
- Remove Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Remove Transitional Services
Main page content
Published: October 2021
This updated TIP reviews what is known about treating the medical, psychiatric, and SUD-related problems associated with the use of cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as the misuse of prescription stimulants. The TIP offers recommendations on treatment approaches and maximizing treatment engagement and retention, and strategies for initiating and maintaining abstinence.
Anger Management for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Clients: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Manual
Published: October 2019
This updated manual contains a 12-week cognitive–behavioral anger management group treatment model. The content includes specific instructions and suggested remarks for group leaders, and exercises for group members. This model will work in a variety of clinical settings, and with diverse audiences.
Guidelines for Successful Transition of People with Mental or Substance Use Disorders from Jail and Prison: Implementation Guide
Published: January 2016
Provides behavioral health, correctional, and community stakeholders with examples of the implementation of successful strategies for transitioning people with mental or substance use disorders from institutional correctional settings into the community. Highlights prevalence of mental and substance use disorders in correctional settings.