Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove Co-Occurring Disorders
- Remove Depression
- Remove Sexual Trauma
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Planning
- Remove Training & Continuing Education
- Remove Treatment Models
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove TIP Series - Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPS)
- Remove Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Remove Counseling
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Substance Abuse Screening
Main page content
Published: September 2014This manual presents guidelines for clinical supervision in the substance use disorder treatment field. It covers supervision methods and models, cultural competence, ethical and legal issues, and performance monitoring. The manual also includes an implementation guide for program administrators. Access the literature review.
Published: December 2013This manual helps clinicians design and implement intensive outpatient treatment programs for people living with substance use disorder conditions. It discusses cultural competence and approaches, use of 12-step programs, cognitive behavioral therapy, and therapeutic communities.
Published: January 2013This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.