Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove Co-Occurring Disorders
- Remove Depression
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Treatment Improvement
- Remove Planning
- Remove Program Evaluation
- Remove Mental Health
- Remove TIP Series - Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPS)
- Remove TIP Series - Quick Guides
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Counseling
- Remove Group Therapy
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Referral to Treatment
- Remove Substance Abuse Screening
Main page content
Published: September 2015These guidelines are for clinicians who lead group therapy sessions for substance use disorder treatment. It describes types of group therapy, and advantages of group therapy. The guide also provides client placement criteria, and techniques for group development and leadership.
Published: September 2014This manual presents guidelines for clinical supervision in the substance use disorder treatment field. It covers supervision methods and models, cultural competence, ethical and legal issues, and performance monitoring. The manual also includes an implementation guide for program administrators. Access the literature review.
Published: January 2013This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.