Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove English
- Remove Adolescents as Population Group
- Remove Children as Population Group
- Remove Children of Parents with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove Children of Parents with Mental Illness
- Remove Children of Parents with Substance Use or Abuse Problems
- Remove People with HIV or AIDS
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Service Coordination
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
- Remove Awareness
- Remove Screening Tool
- Remove Drug Courts
- Remove Family Treatment Approach
Main page content
Guidance to States and School Systems on Addressing Mental Health and Substance Use Issues in Schools
Published: July 2019This Joint SAMHSA-CMS informational Bulletin provides guidance to states and school systems about addressing mental health and substance use issues in schools. It provides examples of approaches for services in schools and describes some Medicaid authorities that states may use to cover services.
Published: July 2012This manual helps clinicians improve care for people living with HIV/AIDS and substance use disorder conditions. It discusses prevention, assessment, and treatment of HIV/AIDS. The manual also examines mental illness, integrated services, case management, counseling, ethical and legal issues, and funding sources.
Published: June 2012This toolkit assists high schools and school districts in designing and implementing strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health. The toolkit includes tools to implement a multifaceted suicide prevention program that responds to the needs and cultures of students. Access the high school kit promotional flyer.
Published: January 2004This manual guides disaster response workers in assisting survivors of mass violence and terrorism and their families. It discusses basic counseling skills, when to refer to mental health services, populations with special needs, and stress prevention and management for workers.