Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove Law Enforcement
- Remove Public Officials
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Children of Parents with Mental Illness
- Remove Homeless as Population Group
- Remove Families
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Access to Care
- Remove Cultural Competence
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
Main page content
Published: November 2015
This manual offers skills and resources to service providers working with people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. It outlines types of homelessness and stages of recovery, including substance use screening and supportive treatment. Access the literature review.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.
Published: September 2009
This manual offers guidance on improving services for people living with serious mental illness or emotional health issues during a mental health crises. It defines values, principles, and infrastructure to support appropriate responses to crises in diverse situations. The manual is a companion to: Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Methods for Using Data to Inform Practice: A Step-by-Step Guide.