Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove TIP Series - Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPS)
- Remove TIP Series - Quick Guides
- Remove Substance Abuse Screening
- Remove Referral to Treatment
- Remove Diversion
- Remove Group Therapy
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
Main page content
Published: December 2013
This guide reviews screening tools for alcohol use and interventions for pregnant women and women of childbearing age to prevent fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). It also outlines methods for identifying people living with FASD and modifying treatment accordingly. Access the literature review.
Published: September 2013
This manual offers guidelines to help counselors and administrators deliver substance use disorder treatment in criminal justice settings. It discusses aspects in providing substance use disorder treatment to people within the criminal justice system, including screening and assessment, and triage and placement in treatment services.
Published: January 2013
This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.