Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove TIP Series - Quick Guides
- Remove TIP Series - Knowledge Application Program (KAP) Keys
- Remove Criminal Justice
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices KITs
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Education
- Remove Group Therapy
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
- Remove Psychotherapy
- Remove Family Treatment Approach
Main page content
Published: September 2015These guidelines are for clinicians who lead group therapy sessions for substance use disorder treatment. It describes types of group therapy, and advantages of group therapy. The guide also provides client placement criteria, and techniques for group development and leadership.
Published: November 2013This manual serves as a quick reference guide for clinicians treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. It covers patient assessment and treatment, and provides an algorithm for managing chronic pain, as well as a summary of non-opioid analgesics.
Published: January 2004This manual guides disaster response workers in assisting survivors of mass violence and terrorism and their families. It discusses basic counseling skills, when to refer to mental health services, populations with special needs, and stress prevention and management for workers.