Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove TIP Series - Knowledge Application Program (KAP) Keys
- Remove TIP Series - Quick Guides
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices KITs
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Brief Intervention
- Remove Group Therapy
- Remove Psychotherapy
- Remove Alternative Therapy
- Remove Family Treatment Approach
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
Main page content
Published: December 2015This manual lists examples of brief intervention and brief treatment for alcohol and drug misuse. It offers criteria for providing brief therapy and longer-term treatment. The manual also provides sample brief-assessment instruments, and lists other professionals who can provide brief interventions.
Published: September 2015These guidelines are for clinicians who lead group therapy sessions for substance use disorder treatment. It describes types of group therapy, and advantages of group therapy. The guide also provides client placement criteria, and techniques for group development and leadership.
Published: November 2013This manual serves as a quick reference guide for clinicians treating chronic pain in adults living with a history of substance use. It covers patient assessment and treatment, and provides an algorithm for managing chronic pain, as well as a summary of non-opioid analgesics.
Published: December 2012This manual guides clinicians through stages of primary care for alcohol and substance misuse in adult patients. It discusses warning signs of misuse, screening and follow-up, brief intervention, assessment, treatment models, and legal issues. It includes four screening tools.