Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove TIP Series - Quick Guides
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices KITs
- Remove Brief Intervention
- Remove Group Therapy
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Psychotherapy
- Remove Family Treatment Approach
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
Main page content
Published: September 2015These guidelines are for clinicians who lead group therapy sessions for substance use disorder treatment. It describes types of group therapy, and advantages of group therapy. The guide also provides client placement criteria, and techniques for group development and leadership.
Published: December 2012This manual guides clinicians through stages of primary care for alcohol and substance misuse in adult patients. It discusses warning signs of misuse, screening and follow-up, brief intervention, assessment, treatment models, and legal issues. It includes four screening tools.