Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove HHS Staff
- Remove Health Insurance Providers
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Audience
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Audience
- Remove Health Insurance
- Remove Administrative Costs
- Remove External Communication & Cooperation
- Remove Funding & Grant Writing
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove Treatment
- Remove Behavioral Therapy
Main page content
Published: April 2022
This document provides an overview of essential information necessary for understanding mental health and substance use disorder parity and how to implement and comply with federal parity laws. This guide applies to parity laws in employer-sponsored health plans and group and individual insurance.
Published: April 2018
This fact sheet serves as a guide for individuals seeking behavioral health treatment. It provides three necessary steps to complete prior to utilizing a treatment center and the five signs of a quality treatment center, which include a review of the accreditation, medication, evidence-based practices, position on the role of families, and support networks.
Funding and Characteristics of Single State Agencies for Substance Abuse Services and State Mental Health Agencies, 2015
Published: September 2017
This report highlights the structure, responsibilities, policies, services, and financing of single-state agencies and state mental health agencies. The report includes discussion of efforts to integrate physical and behavioral health and efforts by state agencies to address opioid abuse and misuse.