Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Mental Illness
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Children as Population Group
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Health & Health Care-Related Laws
- Remove Health Care System
- Remove Service Coordination
- Remove Treatment
- Remove Mental Health Promotion
- Remove Treatment Planning
Main page content
Published: April 2022This document provides an overview of essential information necessary for understanding mental health and substance use disorder parity and how to implement and comply with federal parity laws. This guide applies to parity laws in employer-sponsored health plans and group and individual insurance.
Published: June 2021This guide reviews ways that telehealth modalities can be used to provide treatment for serious mental illness and substance use disorders among adults, distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of how these recommendations can be implemented.
Guidance to States and School Systems on Addressing Mental Health and Substance Use Issues in Schools
Published: July 2019This Joint SAMHSA-CMS informational Bulletin provides guidance to states and school systems about addressing mental health and substance use issues in schools. It provides examples of approaches for services in schools and describes some Medicaid authorities that states may use to cover services.