Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Remove Information Professionals
- Remove Suicide
- Remove Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Remove English
- Remove External Communication & Cooperation
- Remove Treatment Improvement
- Remove Administration & Policy
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Crisis Intervention
- Remove Mental Health Screening
Main page content
Published: February 2015For individuals at risk of suicide, primary and behavioral health care settings provide unique opportunities to connect with the health care system and access effective treatment. Suicide Safe is a free mobile app that helps providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients. The Suicide Safe app is based on SAMHSA's Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) card.
Published: December 2013This guide reviews screening tools for alcohol use and interventions for pregnant women and women of childbearing age to prevent fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). It also outlines methods for identifying people living with FASD and modifying treatment accordingly. Access the literature review.
Published: January 2013This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.
Published: June 2012This toolkit assists high schools and school districts in designing and implementing strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health. The toolkit includes tools to implement a multifaceted suicide prevention program that responds to the needs and cultures of students. Access the high school kit promotional flyer.