Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Remove Information Professionals
- Remove Suicide
- Remove Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Remove English
- Remove Administration & Policy
- Remove External Communication & Cooperation
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Treatment Improvement
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Crisis Intervention
- Remove Community Involvement
Main page content
Published: August 2016This report gives an overview of suicide prevention strategies used in Alaska. It provides background information on the suicide epidemic within the state, and explores the effectiveness of recent suicide prevention efforts. It also highlights data on suicide rates among American Indians and Alaskan Natives.
Published: December 2013This guide reviews screening tools for alcohol use and interventions for pregnant women and women of childbearing age to prevent fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). It also outlines methods for identifying people living with FASD and modifying treatment accordingly. Access the literature review.
Published: January 2013This guide helps substance use counselors treat clients with symptoms of depression and substance use conditions. Program administrators will learn how to integrate depression treatment into early drug treatment. The guidelines cover screening, assessment, treatment, counseling, cultural competence, and continuing care.
Published: June 2012This toolkit assists high schools and school districts in designing and implementing strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health. The toolkit includes tools to implement a multifaceted suicide prevention program that responds to the needs and cultures of students. Access the high school kit promotional flyer.