Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Public Health Professionals
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove Kit
- Remove English
- Remove Older Adults as Population Group
- Remove People with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Adolescents as Population Group
- Remove People with Mental Health Problems as Population Group
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Remove Intervention
Main page content
Published: November 2021
The guide provides considerations and strategies for interdisciplinary teams, peer specialists, clinicians, registered nurses, behavioral health organizations, and policy makers in understanding, selecting, and implementing evidence-based interventions that support older adults with serious mental illness.
Published: October 2021
This updated TIP reviews what is known about treating the medical, psychiatric, and SUD-related problems associated with the use of cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as the misuse of prescription stimulants. The TIP offers recommendations on treatment approaches and maximizing treatment engagement and retention, and strategies for initiating and maintaining abstinence.
Treatment for Youth and Young Adults with Mood Disorders and other Serious Emotional Disturbances and Co-occurring Substance Use
Published: February 2021
This guide reviews interventions on treating substance misuse and substance use disorders (SUD) in youth with serious emotional disturbances (SED), distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of the ways that these recommendations can be implemented.