Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Remove Prevention Professionals
- Remove Media
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Administration & Policy
- Remove Prejudice & Discrimination
- Remove Service Coordination
- Remove Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Counseling
Main page content
Published: June 2021
This guide reviews ways that telehealth modalities can be used to provide treatment for serious mental illness and substance use disorders among adults, distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of how these recommendations can be implemented.
Published: August 2018
This quick guide contains an overview of the challenges associated with tobacco cessation and the benefits of being tobacco-free for individuals as well as those of a smoke-free workplace. It also includes tips that substance use disorder treatment settings can use to implement their own tobacco cessation programs.
Published: June 2018
Esta hoja informativa se puede usar como una guía para las personas que buscan tratamiento de salud mental. Ofrece tres pasos necesarios para llevar a cabo antes de utilizar un centro de tratamiento, así como las cinco señales de un centro de tratamiento de calidad, que incluye revisar la acreditación, la medicación, las prácticas basadas en la evidencia, el papel de las familias y las redes de apoyo.
Published: April 2018
This fact sheet serves as a guide for individuals seeking behavioral health treatment. It provides three necessary steps to complete prior to utilizing a treatment center and the five signs of a quality treatment center, which include a review of the accreditation, medication, evidence-based practices, position on the role of families, and support networks.
Published: September 2014
This guide highlights the use of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorder in drug courts. It reviews effective medications, including methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone. The guide also provides strategies to increase the use of MAT in drug court programs.