Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Remove Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Remove People with Substance Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove People in the Juvenile Justice System
- Remove Evidence-Based Practices
- Remove Access to Care
- Remove Administration & Policy
- Remove Prejudice & Discrimination
- Remove Mental Health Screening
- Remove Suicide Prevention
- Remove Drug Courts
Main page content
Published: June 2021
This guide reviews ways that telehealth modalities can be used to provide treatment for serious mental illness and substance use disorders among adults, distills the research into recommendations for practice, and provides examples of how these recommendations can be implemented.
Published: June 2019
This report provides evidence-based practices for screening and assessment of adults in the justice system with mental illness, substance use disorders, or both. It discusses the importance of instrument selection for screening and assessment and provides detailed descriptions of recommended instruments.
Published: September 2014
This guide highlights the use of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorder in drug courts. It reviews effective medications, including methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone. The guide also provides strategies to increase the use of MAT in drug court programs.
Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Substance Abuse Treatment: Quick Guide for Clinicians Based on TIP 50
Published: November 2013
This quick guide helps clinicians and other service providers address suicide and suicide prevention in patients living with substance use disorders. It covers risk factors and warning signs for suicide, core competencies, and information for administrators and clinical supervisors.