Search SAMHSA Publications and Digital Products
Store Facets Summary
- Clear all filters
- Remove Guidelines or Manual
- Remove People with Alcohol Use or Abuse Problems as Population Group
- Remove Pregnant Women
- Remove Young Adults as Population Group
- Remove Inmates
- Remove People with Developmental Disabilities
- Remove Practice Guidelines
- Remove Substance Abuse
- Remove Practitioner/Professional
- Remove Patient Assessment
- Remove Antipsychotics
- Remove Referral to Treatment
Main page content
Published: October 2015
This manual provides guidance for substance use disorder treatment clinicians and case workers on how to assist offenders in the transition from the criminal justice system to life after release. It discusses assessment, transition plans, important services, special populations, and confidentiality.
Published: December 2013
This guide reviews screening tools for alcohol use and interventions for pregnant women and women of childbearing age to prevent fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). It also outlines methods for identifying people living with FASD and modifying treatment accordingly. Access the literature review.
Published: July 2012
This manual offers treatment and service providers guidelines on caring for people living with substance use disorder conditions who also have physical disabilities or cognitive disabilities. It discusses screening, treatment planning, and counseling, and linkages with other treatment and service providers.